Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Family vacation Day 1

On Monday, our first full day on vacation, we woke up in Blue Earth, Minnesota and drove to South Dakota where we visited the Badlands and Mount Rushmore. Rather than one person writing the whole post, everyone in our family is going to tell us what their favorite part was so we can get different perspectives.



"J": I liked the rocks with faces, and I liked the ranger badge I got from the ranger station at Mount Rushmore.







Dad: I’m really thankful for the incredible weather God has given us. Just one week ago Mount Rushmore was so foggy; there were two days the faces couldn’t be seen. Every major visit on our trip has had perfect weather!




"E": My favorite part was
driving through the Rocky Mountains. some of mountains were over a mile high! I also liked watching the snow melt off the mountains and run down the side like mini waterfalls!



“R”: My favorite part was driving up the mountain in Blackhills National Park, in the dark! The road was really winding and it had a lot of hairpin turns! We even saw a sign that told us to stay away from the Bison as they could be dangerous.




A: I loved seeing all the prairie dogs. They were in the fields all along the road we traveled through the badlands. We fed them some grapes, It reminded me of my little hamster "Dazzle", I left her at home with "Mrs. T". I know she will take excellent care of her.





Mom: It is reallly hard to narrow it down to just one thing that I enjoyed. We really were able to see some beautiful things that GOD created. My favorite thing He has created is...


MY FAMILY

Check back in a few days and we'll have some pictures from our trip to the Grand Canyon. Thank you all for your prayers for our safety, our travels have been very smooth with wonderful weather.
On a side note, ask
dad, AKA Pastor if he forgot anything????

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

So Pastor do tell...did you forget something???

haf2nit said...

I'm jealous!!! We've been trying to visit SD for 14yrs now.
Have fun on the rest of your vacation.
Tammy G and fam